Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hey, I'm coming home for the weekend...make sure you have food.

Well, sometime I just feel like my mother and I don't know if that's bad or good. My sister decided to come in from out of town and since my mom is in Costa Rica, it is up to me to whip up some amazing gastronomic delight. OK, right? But with 15 minutes notice. Chicken Caesar Salad was shot down. It's cold out and she wants a warm meal. Let her go out, you say?? Well, not here. There isn't any restaurants closer than 30 miles.

So Chicken with rice and broccoli with veloute sauce. Some butter, flour, chicken broth, egg yolk, fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste-- for the sauce. Boil the chicken (with or without the bones) with salt, pepper and celery. Cook up the rice and brocolli add the chicken with sauce on top and, voila 30 minute meal that's out of this world. Not vegan, at all, but as my son says, "I eat vegan all the time, I just add other foods with it." Don't forget the baguette with butter.

OK, I'm good. Time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment