Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Breakfast in Bed... I wish!!!



OOOOOhhhhhh VEGan crepes with NANNERS and Maple syrup! so good, I had them in bed with a cup of coffee on a TUESDAY!

right????


Here's the recipe!

Crepes:
  • 1/2 cup soymilk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup melted margerine
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
  • 1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • touch of nutmeg
  • touch of cardamon
Mix all ingredients together, all at once!!! Then let it sit for hours!!! (like 2 or overnight then add some soymilk to make it a little thinner, but not as thin as non vegan crepes, you'd be surprised... I made a 1/2 batch that made four crepes, that's good enough for two, for sure!

So then heat a non-stick pan up with the least amount of grease/oil that you can manage, the littler the better. I have used a cast iron pan and I am not sure if I didn't let it sit long enough or if it just didn't work in that pan... but it was a disaster so definitely mind the sit time.

Put whatever you want in them , I just happened to have a bunch of ripening bananas so I used them.
Try: other yummy fruits prepared any way but maybe not citrus but it could work, nuts any way, dried fuits, preserves, ADD PEANUTBUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!! (other nut butter), sweet delicious things....

Vegan crepes are hard. This is the only way I have seen them done without egg substitutes or using other baking tricks. I like these the best, though they are sweet and not ideal for savory crepes, they are the best ones I have come up with!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment: