Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring= Yummy Raw Salads and KOMBUCHA!!!!



We have survived the winter! I know this officially because yesterday I spent the morning riding my bike to see the wild Monk Parrots of Brooklyn (in a t-shirt and shorts), lounging in Prospect Park eating a pumpernickel bagel from Terrace Bagels in Park Slope...they said they were the best, and their good but not the best pumpernickel bagel I have ever had...

***my friend told me you cant judge a place by its pumpernickel, but that's the only kind I like so I think its fair grounds.. and if you were wondering I think Bob's on University and even Ray's does a good pumpernickel***

But then I sat on my roof sunbathing and reading and getting hungry!!!

A Raw Cabbage Carrot and Onion Salad with lemonjuice, vinegar, oliveoil, tamari, pepper, paprika, and a touch of maple syrup(not raw)


this is the developing scooby

kombucha! our continuous brew has begun!

We are using Pu-erh, a black earthy tea and a culture that we were given from our good friend Audrey! Its not ready, but maybe in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment